Friday, September 5, 2008

The Curse of Meeting Expectations

So its Friday night before the game against LaTech. I'm leaving in the morning for Lawrence after picking up TRR in Topeka first. All I can do to keep from going to bed early is write this and watch a movie. A movie I recorded a few days ago on my DVR. After watching a hour of this movie it occurred to me how much this experience was a lot like last weeks game (and I fear tomorrow's game as well).

Tonight marks the first time I've ever watched On The Waterfront.

I've been aware of this movie for as long as I can remember. I knew it was good. And because I knew how good it was before ever seeing the film, it becomes really hard to know just how good it really is. And let me tell you its really fucking good.

KU has reached this point. At least when it comes to these games. Tell people how good the team is and you don't get a reaction. Even if they know its true, they won't know until they see it themselves.

You can walk around all you want and tell people, "On The Waterfront is really really good!" Even the people who haven't seen it yet say to themselves, "Um yeah its Marlon Brando."

Tomorrow night - Memorial Stadium, Lawrence Kansas - Brando Live on FSN

No comments: