Thursday, September 4, 2008

Welcome to the Blog of Thirdandloud.com

Just a quick hello before I get to my first post of this new blog. I would like to take this time to thank you for checking us out and encourage you to visit our message board by following the link on the right side of the page. This blog was put together to be a sister site to that message board. Together we hope to cover KU Football from our own angle as fans, but we hope to create a new community.

This Blog is going to be written by two long time KU fans. Teamramrod is from Topeka and I am from Omaha. We have season tickets to KU games and travel to many away games together (including a drive to the Orange Bowl early this year).

And for the record...he is the Dr. Gonzo to my Mr. Duke. Don't let him confuse you.

After watching one game of action so far from the KU Football team, I'd like to share some quick thoughts.

- The crowd, for being a sellout, was waaaaaay to quiet. We play like we practice people. Like the title of the blog says...THIRD AND LOUD! If we won't get off our duffs for FIU what will happen with Texas comes to town?

- The o-line seemed like a work in progress. But I understand Hatch is coming back for game 2. Let's hope it keeps improving.

- I don't see good things if we keep kicking off to the other team and they have a chance to field the kickoff at the 5 yard line on a dead sprint. If our kicker can't get distance, he needs to work on height.

All said still a solid game from a solid team. Can't wait to hit the road on Saturday and watch them against LaTech.

No comments: